- [+] EnlargeRich Pilling/MLB Photos/Getty Images Robinson Cano's dad Jose believes his son will spend his entire career with the Yankees.
Jose Cano says he hopes Robinson will spend his entire career in New York. Jose thinks his son will get a six- or seven-year contract.
The 29-year-old Cano can become a free agent for the first time in his career after the World Series ends.
Jose Cano made his comments at the Yankees' spring training complex, where the Dominican Republic's World Baseball Classic team is training. Robinson is a member of the squad and his dad is a coach.
The Dominican Republic will play the second of two exhibition games Wednesday against the Yankees in Tampa.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
- Inside Job
- If Phil Jackson fulfills the Knicks' needs, he must do so from Manhattan.
- King Among Kings
- Marcus Thornton had himself a night versus his ex-team, helping dethrone the Kings.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Gotta Go, Cro
- Antonio Cromartie's stint with the Jets has ended after one of his worst seasons.
- Spring Fever
- We take the Yanks' temperature after what has been a healthy camp.
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano #22 Home White Jersey
MORE MLB HEADLINES