Robinson Cano has new endorsement
Cano will make his debut with a television spot that will run during the Major League Baseball All-Star Game this Tuesday. Cano will start the game on the field for the American League.
"He represents the kind of athlete who is in the moment, has a great personality and connects with consumers," said Heidi Sandreuter, senior director of sports marketing for Pepsi, which has been the official sports drink of the league since 1997.
Financial terms of the multiyear deal were not disclosed.
It's the first marketing deal Cano has signed since he signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation Sports. The new sports firm teamed up with CAA to represent Cano, who will be a free agent after this season.
"This deal reflects how powerful Robinson's brand is," said Roc Nation Sports spokesman Ron Berkowitz. "His personality and performance and crossover appeal are all attractive to corporate partners."
In April, Pepsi made Jay-Z's wife Beyonce its highest paid endorser when the company signed the popular entertainer to a massive, wide-ranging deal. Jay-Z himself does not currently have a deal with the soft drink brand.
- Blue Streak
- The newest Ranger hasn't had much time to reflect on the past 24 hours.
- 'We Deserve Better'
- A group of fed up Knicks fans plan to protest before a game on March 19.
- Is It Possi-Bull?
- Broussard: Joakim Noah has tried to sell Melo on the idea of joining the Bulls.
- Tanaka Taken Deep
- Masahiro Tanaka, making his first spring start, allowed his first home run.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent spring trainings.
- Majestic Men's Replica Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano #22 Alternate Green Jersey
MORE MLB HEADLINES