Iman Shumpert returning for Knicks
He had missed the previous two games after injuring his right shoulder in a collision with Jared Sullinger during Tuesday's win over Boston. Shumpert took part in the morning shootaround and then wanted one more practice before deciding if he could play.
His return sent J.R. Smith back to the bench after starting for Shumpert.
Kenyon Martin remained out of uniform due to a sore left ankle. He scored four points in 14:33 minutes as he tried to play through the pain against the Miami Heat on Saturday. He had sat out the game against Cleveland on Jan. 30.
Woodson said that Martin would be rested and re-evaluated later in the week.
Joe Totoraitis is a contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Three Wishes
- The Knicks' playoff hopes are hanging by a thread, thanks to a two-game winning streak.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Nowhere To Land
- Jets mailbag: Will Mark Sanchez return or end up somewhere else?
- Devin Help Us
- Giants mailbag: Might Big Blue be interested in the great Devin Hester?