Shawne Williams has foot surgery
Williams, who has been out since Feb. 11, will miss the remainder of the season and should be ready for the beginning of training camp.
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
The surgery was be performed at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan by foot specialist Dr. Martin O'Malley and Nets team orthopedist Dr. Riley Williams III.
Williams, who was signed to a two-year, $6.1 million contract in the offseason, has averaged 4.5 points and 2.7 rebounds in 20.6 minutes per game this season. He was a major disappointment after being signed away from the Knicks.
The 26-year-old, who was known for his long-range marksmanship, has shot just 28.6 percent from the field and 24.1 percent from 3-point range.
The Nets (10-24) have been decimated by injuries more than any other team in the NBA, and have started a league-high 16 different lineups and 14 different players this season.
Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
- Leaning In
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Rock And Roll
- The Knicks got the win over the lowly Cavaliers in Cleveland.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
MORE NBA HEADLINES