Carmelo Anthony needs 5 stitches
Anthony said he isn't sure if he'll play in Thursday night's showdown at Miami.
"Right now, it's numb, so I don't know," he said.
Anthony suffered the injury with 2:10 remaining when he dived into the Knicks' bench while trying to save a ball from going out of bounds.
He was forced to go to the locker room, and after the game, coach Mike Woodson said Anthony will need five stitches.
"I'm going to take some time off from diving in the stands," Anthony said jokingly after the game.
The Knicks won 100-98.Jared Zwerling is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Full 4ce
- The Knicks captured their fourth straight win with a victory over the Sixers.
- J.R.: Phil Makes 'Bockers Better
- J.R. Smith said the Knicks can learn from Phil Jackson.
- Truth Hurts
- Paul Pierce's latest big shot sinks the Atlantic-leading Raptors in Brooklyn.
- Later, Holmes
- The Jets released often-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Monday.
- Sorry, Mai!
- We sat down with Masahiro Tanaka for a Q&A. Did we upset his wife?
- adidas Youth New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey
MORE NBA HEADLINES