Gerald Wallace to miss 2nd straight
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Wallace didn't get on the floor for shootaround, but Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo said he was going to work out with assistant coach Mario Ellie on the Barclays Center practice court prior to the game. Carlesimo hasn't ruled out Wallace for Wednesday night's game against the Atlanta Hawks.
Backup center Andray Blatche, who was a game-time decision because of illness, will be active.
"He says he feels good. Timmy (trainer Tim Walsh) says he feels good, so we're assuming he's good to go," Carlesimo said.
Wallace was injured midway through the first quarter of Friday night's victory over the Phoenix Suns. He tried to finish a dunk in transition, but was fouled harshly and fell hard to the floor.
Wallace, 30, is averaging 9.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 28 games this season.
Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
- We Got Your Hockeytown
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Quick Study?
- Would it be smart for the Knicks to ask Phil Jackson to coach, too?
- Air Check
- For Marcus Thornton, Sunday night's game is a trade reunion.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
MORE NBA HEADLINES