Carmelo Anthony out at Utah for leg
In addition to Anthony, center Tyson Chandler missed Monday night's game with a neck strain, and Kurt Thomas, who's been starting in place of Chandler, played 27 minutes off the bench despite a bone spur in his right foot, making a big impact defensively with three blocked shots.
Chandler will undergo an MRI Tuesday morning on his strained neck, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. Chandler also has a bruised knee.
Anthony, the NBA's second-leading scorer at 27.5 points per game, missed his sixth game in the Knicks' past eight with a right leg injury. Anthony also said that the fluid drained from his right leg late last week was not from a knee issue but one involving his hamstring.
Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Team officials said X-rays Monday on Thomas revealed his bone spur. Thomas is to have a follow-up MRI in New York on Tuesday.
After the Knicks' 90-83 victory over the Jazz, point guard Jason Kidd left the locker room in Utah with his left hand and wrist heavily wrapped.
The Knicks announced that X-rays on the injury were negative. Kidd said he got hurt in the third quarter swiping at the ball on a defensive play.
"It's just a bruise, that's all," he said. "I hit somebody's arm. I'm good. It's fine."
Jared Zwerling is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Quick Study?
- Would it be smart for the Knicks to ask Phil Jackson to coach, too?
- Air Check
- For Marcus Thornton, Sunday night's game is a trade reunion.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- adidas Youth New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Blue Gametime T-Shirt
MORE NBA HEADLINES