Joe Johnson out against Suns
Keith Bogans started in Johnson's place.
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Johnson suffered the injury while driving to the basket in the third quarter of Saturday night's loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. He went to the locker room briefly before returning and finishing the game.
Johnson is day to day, according to the New York Post.
Johnson had 10 points in the first quarter against the Clippers, but just five the rest of the way. He shot 6 for 18 from the field, including 0 for 7 from 3-point range.
The 31-year-old veteran, who also has been dealing with a lingering sore left heel, is averaging just 12.8 points on 40.4 percent shooting in his last 11 games. That injury caused Johnson to miss four games.
In 65 games this season, Johnson is averaging 16.4 points on 42.3 percent shooting in 37.2 minutes.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
MORE NBA HEADLINES