Draft prospects asked to 'green room'
The NBA has issued 10 preliminary invitations to its "green room" for Thursday night's draft, according to multiple sources.
Those invited are: Nerlens Noel (Kentucky); Victor Oladipo (Indiana); Otto Porter (Georgetown); Alex Len (Maryland); Anthony Bennett (UNLV); Ben McLemore (Kansas); Trey Burke (Michigan); Michael Carter-Williams (Syracuse); C.J. McCollum (Lehigh) and Cody Zeller (Indiana).
The top prospects in the draft usually receive the invites to the green room, where the players, their families and agent sit on draft night. When their names are called, they leave the room and go up on stage to shake commissioner David Stern's hand.
NBA general managers are polled to determine which players are likely to be drafted in the lottery.
In the past, the NBA has expanded the list of green room invites as the draft date nears. Typically, the NBA has invited 13-to-15 players.
This year, the league has told a number of agents it may add a few names to the list as the draft approaches.
Several others players, including Georgia's Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Pittsburgh's Steven Adams, UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad, Russia's Sergey Karasev, Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk and Greece's Giannis Antetokounmpo, could be extended invites.
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Source: It's 'Pretty Much Done'
- Source: Phil Jackson will be a Knick by the week's end.
- Nothing To See Here
- CC Sabathia makes his second start today. Don't expect to learn anything.
- Full 4ce
- The Knicks captured their fourth straight win with a victory over the Sixers.
- Truth Hurts
- Paul Pierce's latest big shot sinks the Atlantic-leading Raptors in Brooklyn.
- Later, Holmes
- The Jets released often-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Monday.
MORE NBA HEADLINES