Doc Rivers: Heat criticism off base
Greatest Nets Trades
Where does the Pierce-KG rank among the Nets' best deals? Nets' Top 10
"Paul and Kevin were traded," Rivers said on "The Dan LeBatard Show" on Wednesday. "They were traded. Paul was traded whether he wanted to be or not. Kevin was the only one who had to agree to be traded even though he had already been traded. He had to agree to the trade. That's completely different."
Rivers has also been criticized for orchestrating his departure from Boston. He thinks the Heat have a better argument there.
"You could make more of a case for me leaving than on Paul and Kevin," an animated Rivers said before reiterating that Pierce's and Garnett's situation is "completely different" from Allen's.
Rivers also admitted that he played a role in the decision to cover up the Lakers' championship banners at the Staples Center during Clippers games.
"That was everyone's decision, but I definitely had a voice in it, and I was strong that I believed it should have happened years ago," he said.
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Three Wishes
- The Knicks' playoff hopes are alive, thanks to a two-game winning streak.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.