Antonio Cromartie active for Jets
Cromartie, who was hurt in the third quarter of last week's victory over the Oakland Raiders, was considered a game-time decision. He practiced sparingly throughout the week as questions emerged on whether the concussion was diagnosed in a timely fashion.
Get the latest NFL injury news
Who's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We've got all the latest injury news from around the NFL. Injury Wire
Cromartie admitted Thursday that he felt concussion-like symptoms late in the game, but he didn't inform the Jets' medical personnel until afterward.
The injury occurred on a collision with teammate Ed Reed, but Cromartie wasn't given an immediate concussion test on the sideline, the team said. It was a general medical evaluation, according to the Jets.
Cromartie said the Jets' doctors were upset that he didn't disclose the symptoms earlier.
"Yeah, I think everybody was," he said.
With Cromartie in the lineup, the Jets (6-7), clinging to faint playoff hopes, will be at full strength on defense to face the Panthers.
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Todd McShay's new mock has the Texans taking a QB at No. 1, but it's not Johnny Manziel.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- '2014 Harvey Day Will Happen'
- Matt Harvey tweeted that he intends to pitch this year.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Nike Men's New York Jets Green Sideline 2013 Preseason Performance Polo Shirt
MORE NFL HEADLINES