Cooper Taylor: Rent my pad for $9K
Instead, Taylor is offering up his two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment for the week of the Super Bowl -- for a mere $9,000.
Looking for more information on Big Blue? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Taylor told the New York Post that he and Susan Carlson, his girlfriend and a real-estate broker, wanted to escape the stress of the event.
"We thought it would be the best time to get out of the city and go on vacation because that week will be a madhouse," Taylor told the Post. "I am definitely disappointed that we are not playing in it. It would make it a lot more fun."
Taylor and Carlson, who rent the furnished apartment month-to-month for $2,700, posted ads on both Craigslist and AirBnB, but did not identify Taylor as an NFL player.
"We rented it with furniture included because, with such a volatile lifestyle, we didn't want to have to worry about transporting furniture in case we had to move cross-country," Carlson told the Post.
Taylor, a 2013 fifth-round pick, has four tackles in 10 games this season for New York.
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Todd McShay's new mock has the Texans taking a QB at No. 1, but it's not Johnny Manziel.
- Rock And Roll
- The Knicks got the win over the lowly Cavaliers in Cleveland.
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
- Nike Men's New York Giants Of The City Blue T-Shirt
MORE NFL HEADLINES