- Kieran Darcy, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Pierre-Paul was on the field for the Giants' second OTA on Thursday, but Wilson continues to be held out following offseason neck surgery for spinal stenosis.
Wilson watched the offense from the sideline -- the only activity he participated in was fielding punts at the beginning of practice. He says he feels "no pain at all" yet has not been cleared for contact.
"He's out there running, feels good," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said. "You'd never know it, that he's had an issue."
The next step for Wilson is another MRI on June 4. If the exam comes back clean, Wilson could join his teammates for the rest of OTAs and the mandatory minicamp in mid-June.
If it doesn't, the Giants and their 2012 first-round draft pick will just have to wait, as there's nothing he can do to rehab the injury other than rest.
Wilson was in good spirits speaking to reporters following Thursday's practice, but he acknowledged being nervous about next week's doctor's appointment.
"Just pray before I go in," Wilson said. "And after that, it's out of my hands."
Pierre-Paul, a former All-Pro, said he's back to 100 percent after missing the final five games of last season because of a shoulder injury. Also, this time last year, he was recovering from back surgery.
"I'm good," he said Thursday. "I'm fully healthy and I'm ready to go. Just can't wait to get the pads on."
Pierre-Paul said he is lighter (275 pounds), and when asked how close he feels to his peak level (16.5 sacks in 2011), he replied, "I'm already feeling like it. My weight's good. I'm out there running and nothing's bothering me. I'm in pretty good shape."
The 25-year-old had just 8.5 sacks the past two seasons combined and will be a free agent after the upcoming season, but he said that doesn't change his approach.
"Not at all," Pierre-Paul said. "Like I said, my main goal is to come out here and play football and show everybody I still got it, nothing has changed."
13hEric D. Williams