LaDainian Tomlinson to have MRI
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- On his final carry Sunday night, in garbage time of a 37-16 loss to the New England Patriots, LaDainian Tomlinson suffered an apparent knee injury. Tomlinson said he will have an MRI exam on Monday.
Tomlinson declined to specify the exact nature of the injury, saying he hurt his left leg. But coach Rex Ryan indicated it was a knee.
"I'm all right," Tomlinson said. "I'll get some more tests done (Monday) and we'll go from there. My leg got hit low and I grabbed my leg."
In a weird twist, Tomlinson was upended by wide receiver Julian Edelman. Because of injuries, the Patriots had to use Edelson as a nickel back.
After the game, Tomlinson left the locker room under his own power, but he was walking with a noticeable limp. The Jets have a quick turnaround -- Thursday night at the Denver Broncos -- making it harder for Tomlinson to be ready.
The future Hall of Famer no longer starts for the Jets, but he's a good third-down back. With his 16-yard reception in the fourth quarter, he moved into fifth place on the all-time list for yards from scrimmage (18,206). He surpassed Barry Sanders. In his limited role, Tomlinson has 25 catches for 312 yards and a touchdown. He also has rushed for 167 yards and a touchdown.
Rich Cimini covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com.
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Three Wishes
- The Knicks' playoff hopes are alive, thanks to a two-game winning streak.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Nowhere To Land
- Jets mailbag: Will Mark Sanchez return or end up somewhere else?
- Devin Help Us
- Giants mailbag: Might Big Blue be interested in the great Devin Hester?
- Antigua Men's New York Jets Esteem Long Sleeve Green Shirt
MORE NFL HEADLINES