Drew Brees giving $1M to relief effort
Brees told CBS' "Person to Person" in an interview to air Friday that the donation will come through the Dream Foundation he runs with his wife, Brittany. He did not say who will be receiving the donation.
Brees says he and his wife want to give back what's been given to them. They say their foundation will also be donating $2 million to various New Orleans organizations over the next several months.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
NFL WEEK 11 COVERAGE
- We Got Your Hockeytown
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Quick Study?
- Would it be smart for the Knicks to ask Phil Jackson to coach, too?
- Air Check
- For Marcus Thornton, Sunday night's game is a trade reunion.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey New Orleans Saints Drew Brees #9
MORE NFL HEADLINES