Henrik Lundqvist leads Rangers to win
Lundqvist received a long standing ovation from the sellout crowd at Scandinavium Arena before the game. He responded by blanking his former team on four straight penalties in the first five minutes of the second period.
The Rangers went ahead on goals by Kris Newbury, Michael Del Zotto and Erik Christensen before Mika Pyorala beat Lundqvist on a power play 7:56 into the third. Mike Rupp put the game away with three minutes left.
Henrik Lundqvist played for Frolunda for five years, leading the club to two Swedish titles before joining the Rangers in 2005. Former Dallas Stars forward Joel Lundqvist returned to Frolunda in 2009.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
- There's Still A Chance ...
- There's still a path to the postseason for the Knicks. Ian Begley guides us.
- Getting Their Phil?
- Sources: The Knicks met with Phil Jackson about becoming their next coach.
- Emotional Second Act
- Paul Pierce expects to be emotional in his return trip to Boston on Friday.
- Beltran's Heroes
- Who does new Yankee Carlos Beltran look up to? We sat down for a Q&A.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent springs.
- Old Time Hockey Men's New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist #30 Sawyer Blue Hoodie
MORE NHL HEADLINES