Sources: Shea Weber visited N.Y.
Weber, 26, ultimately signed a 14-year offer sheet worth a reported $110 million with the Flyers after visiting Philadelphia, San Jose and Detroit as well as New York.
"It just seemed to be a better fit than New York," his agent, Jarrett Bousquet, told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.
Bousquet said his client's main deterrent with New York was the prospect of living in Manhattan.
"(Weber) is a small-town guy and (New York) is a huge city," Bousquet said. "With New York, it was nothing personal. He thought everything, from the ownership to the hockey operations to the coaching, was unbelievable. (Philadelphia) just seemed to be a better fit at this time in his career."
Nashville has seven days to decide whether or not to match Philadelphia's offer for Weber, a three-time All-Star who has been the Predators' captain for the last two years.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Nashville Predators Shea Weber #6 Player Replica Gold T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES