Rick Nash injured in Swiss League
Nash, acquired in a trade by the Rangers from Columbus over the summer, suffered a shoulder injury after being hit into the boards. He played one more shift before leaving.
A source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com that Nash's injury is not serious and that an MRI showed no structural damage. Nash is believed to have suffered a bone bruise on his shoulder, and is listed as day to day.
"Rick was taken out for precautionary reasons," Nash's agent, Joe Resnick, told ESPN.com. "He'll be re-evaluated over the next few days by the team (Davos), and we'll see the extent of the injury, if any."
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Quick Study?
- Would it be smart for the Knicks to ask Phil Jackson to coach, too?
- Air Check
- For Marcus Thornton, Sunday night's game is a trade reunion.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Reebok Men's New York Rangers Rick Nash #61 Navy Alternate Premier Jersey
MORE NHL HEADLINES