HARRISON, N.J. -- The New York Red Bulls have acquired goalkeeper Luis Robles via the MLS allocation process.
The Red Bulls announced the acquisition Wednesday, adding that Robles will be placed on their roster after his international transfer certificate is received. New York has a home game Friday against Houston.
Robles spent the past five seasons in Germany, most recently with Karlsruher SC, where he made 28 appearances from 2010-12. The 28-year-old started his stint in Germany with FC Kaiserslautern in 2007 and appeared in 36 games. He was drafted by D.C. United in the fourth round of the 2007 MLS SuperDraft but did not sign.
A University of Portland product, Robles has earned one cap for the U.S. national team.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES