Mag NBA preview: Nets
This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Oct. 28 NBA Preview. Subscribe today!
BY SENDING its 2014, '16 and '18 first-round picks to Boston for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry, Brooklyn mortgaged its long-term future and netted the league's most expensive roster (~$190 million) -- and the oldest current lineup in the league (minutes-weighted age of 31.9). Upside: five former All-Stars, including defensive virtuoso Garnett, who the Nets hope will shore up their 17th-ranked D. Downside: They'll be six months older come playoff time.
- Inside Job
- If Phil Jackson fulfills the Knicks' needs, he must do so from Manhattan.
- King Among Kings
- Marcus Thornton had himself a night versus his ex-team, helping dethrone the Kings.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Gotta Go, Cro
- Antonio Cromartie's stint with the Jets has ended after one of his worst seasons.
- Spring Fever
- We take the Yanks' temperature after what has been a healthy camp.
MORE NBA HEADLINES