Discussion

Source: David Wright gets offer

Updated: November 27, 2012, 5:44 PM ET
By Adam Rubin | ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- The Mets have offered a contract extension to David Wright that would keep the All-Star third baseman with the club through at least 2020, a major league source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The source said Wright had been offered at least a seven-year extension on top of the $16 million he is owed for 2013.

A source familiar with the matter did not believe the deal would be finalized before next week's winter meetings. A second source said it was "doubtful" ...

Read full story

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


EDITORS' PICKS

  • Night Of Reckoning
    After giving up six goals in the past two games, Henrik Lundqvist will be under intense scrutiny this evening.

ALSO SEE

MORE MLB HEADLINES