Martz's tenure with Rams ends in dismissal
ST. LOUIS -- Now that Mike Martz has medical clearance to return to coaching, he'll need to find a team.
Martz was fired as coach of the St. Louis Rams on Monday after a 6-10 season in which he missed the final 11 games because of a heart ailment. That illness did not stop him from repeated clashes with the front office, the major reason for his dismissal with a year left on his contract.
Martz's physician said Sunday he could return to work. Martz was at
Rams Park the following ...
Read full story
ON THE MOVE
• Track the coaching changes
• Raiders cut ties with Turner
• Len Pasquarelli: Busy firing-and-hiring season
• Packers ax Sherman after first losing season
... Watch press conference
• Saints, Haslett agree to part ways
• Heart of the matter: Rams fire Martz
• Texans fire Capers; GM Casserly to stay
• Vikings owner defends Tice firing
... Cottrell in wings?
• Vikings toss Tice after 9-7 season | More
• NFL coach approval ratings: Vote now