Former QB Vick makes donation for victims families
ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has teamed up with the United Way to donate $10,000 to assist families affected by the massacre at Virginia Tech, his former school.
"When tragic things like this happen, families have enough to deal with, and if I can help in some small way, that's the least I can do," said Vick, who played for the Hokies before being drafted No. 1 overall by the Falcons in 2001.
The Vick Foundation is collecting donations from local
Read full story
MASSACRE AT VIRGINIA TECH
• Yanks to play exhibition at Va. Tech
• Schlabach: Hokies hopeful about future
• Ex-Hokie Vick donates $10,000 for victims families
• Schlabach: Coaches scramble to reach players
• Schlabach: Blacksburg stands strong
• Smith: Proud Hendrick Hokies saddened by tragedy
• NASCAR to pay tribute to victims
• Remainder of spring football canceled
• Miami baseball adds security for Va. Tech trip
• Nationals pay tribute