Dolphins' Porter to have knee examined after missing practice
Starting linebacker Joey Porter, who is expected to bolster the Miami Dolphins' pass rush in 2007, is having his right knee evaluated after missing two straight days of practice.
Miami coach Cam Cameron said that Porter's knee problems are not believed to be serious, but that Dolphins officials are seeking an assessment from the team's medical staff as a precautionary measure. Since the Dolphins have an off-day Sunday, no announcement is expected before Monday.
"It was something ...
Read full story
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery