Jaguars draft punter in third round
Kuharsky: Jaguars did what?
Bryan Anger is first punter to go in the top 100 picks since 1995. There is a reason for that, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog
Anger averaged more than 44 yards a punt in 2011, and had at least one punt of 50 yards or more in 11 games.
But is he good enough to go in the third round? Over players who would get on the field more often? The Jaguars believe so, with general manager Gene Smith saying Anger "clearly will make an impact on our football team."
The Jaguars compared Anger to Oakland's Shane Lechler and NFL great Ray Guy, the best in the league today and arguably the NFL's best all time.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NFL DRAFT
MEL KIPER/TODD MCSHAY
DIVISION DRAFT REVIEWS
NFC COLUMNS/BLOG POSTS
AFC COLUMNS/BLOG POSTS
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Oakland Raiders Darren Mcfadden #20