Irish TE Tyler Eifert will enter draft
Notre Dame junior tight end Tyler Eifert said Monday night after the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama that he would enter April's NFL draft.
Eifert, ranked No. 17 on ESPN Insider Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board, told reporters after BCS title game that he has known for "quite a while" he would be leaving college, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
"It was tough," said Eifert, who caught six passes for 61 yards on Monday. "Taking off that Notre Dame jersey and helmet for the last time was emotional. It's going to be tough to leave."
Eifert, 6-foot-6, 250 pounds, finished the season with 50 receptions for 685 yards and four touchdowns.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Peyton hopes to make decision 'soon' on '15
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's Notre Dame Fighting Irish Navy 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt