Ted Ginn out; Delanie Walker plays
SAN FRANCISCO -- Wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. missed the NFC Championship Game for San Francisco with an injured right knee, and tight end Delanie Walker was active for the first time since breaking his left jaw.
Ginn hurt his knee last week against New Orleans and did not practice all week leading up to Sunday's game against the New York Giants. He normally starts at receiver and returns kicks and punts. Kyle Williams was listed as the starter in his place and his key fumble led to the Giants' game-winning field goal in overtime.
The 49ers lost 20-17.
Walker had been out since breaking his jaw in two places Dec. 24 in Seattle.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLVI
SUPER BOWL XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17
PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's New York Giants Blocking Grey Raglan T-shirt