Sources: Seattle to ink Ryan Longwell
Ryan Longwell, a 15-year NFL veteran who has not been in uniform this season, will sign with the Seattle Seahawks after a tryout Tuesday during which he outperformed competition from three other kickers, including Neil Rackers, according to sources.
The Seahawks signed Longwell for Sunday's divisional playoff game against the Atlanta Falcons because regular kicker Steven Hauschka suffered a calf injury against the Washington Redskins and his availability is in jeopardy.
The Seahawks will monitor Hauschka's performance in practice as well as the improvement on his calf before deciding whether he or Longwell is active Sunday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLVII COVERAGE
- New Era Men's Seattle Seahawks Navy League 9Forty Adjustable Hat