Report: DeVier Posey tears Achilles
Countdown Daily Recap: Texans-Patriots
Houston Texans wide receiver DeVier Posey suffered a torn Achilles tendon during the team's 41-28 loss to the New England Patriots in an AFC divisional-round game on Sunday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
Posey suffered the injury in the final moments of the game, according to the newspaper. It soured a strong performance for the rookie out of Ohio State, who had three catches for 46 yards and a touchdown in the loss.
The scoring catch -- an acrobatic grab that was overturned by replay after he originally was ruled out of bounds -- was the first of Posey's career. It cut the Texans' deficit to 38-20 with 11:35 remaining in the fourth quarter.
Posey finished the regular season with six catches for 87 yards.
There was no immediate timetable for his recovery.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLVII COVERAGE
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Houston Texans J.J. Watt Navy T-Shirt