Miller learned this week he will get to keep more than $1 million from his signing bonus that the Broncos were attempting to get back after the two-time Pro Bowler was suspended for the first six games of this season, league sources told ESPN.
The Broncos, Miller and lawyers resolved their differences with a settlement that was said to be a win for Miller, according to sources.
The case was heard in Philadelphia, in front of Special Master Stephen Burbank. But before Burbank made any final binding ruling, Denver and Miller settled the case this week, with the Broncos knowing they didn't have much of a chance.
Thus in a season during which Miller suffered one setback after another -- facing a year-long suspension or even possibly a lifetime NFL ban before returning after six games and suffering a season-ending knee injury -- he at least got a victory with his signing-bonus money.
Miller's season ended Dec. 23 when he tore his ACL in the Broncos' victory over the Houston Texans. He has since had surgery.
Miller also pleaded guilty last month to two traffic violations -- a lane change violation and speeding -- while other charges were dropped. He completed community service and took a driving course before the pleas were entered.