8:30 PM ET, December 21, 2009
FedEx Field, Landover, MD
Giants score on six of first seven posessions in domination of Redskins
LANDOVER, Md. -- This was how the New York Giants played when they were starting 5-0, back when they looked like a solid Super Bowl contender.The dominant version of the Giants showed itself again Monday night, only this time as a desperate team clinging to its playoff hopes.
Eli is Adjusting
Eli Manning has figured out the Redskins in his last four matchups against them, going 4-0 with a drastically better line than those he was piling up earlier in his career.
|1st 7 games||Last 4 games|
• Eli Manning threw for 268 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Manning now has a career-high 26 passing TDs, the first Giants QB with 25 or more pass TDs and 3,500 or more pass yards in a season.
• The Giants' 45 points vs. the Redskins were their most in the series since Sept. 29, 1968 (48).
• Steve Smith, who entered the game already having set the Giants' single-season record for most receptions, caught 5 passes for 40 yards and a score.
• The Giants led 24-0 at halftime, the largest shutout halftime lead on Monday Night Football since Dec. 5, 2005, when the Seahawks led the Eagles 35-0.
• Jason Campbell finished 15 for 28 for 192 yards with a TD and 2 INTs and he was sacked 5 times.
• The Redskins fell to 4-10, their first double-digit loss season since 2006 (5-11).
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Giants converted their first seven third-down plays and went 11 for 15 for the game. ... Injuries: New York WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), Washington WR Devin Thomas (sprained ankle).
LANDOVER, MD - DECEMBER 21: (C) Bruce Allen, the new general manager of the Washington Redskins, talks on the...(Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.2||5.5|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-4||2-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||05:47||Ahmad Bradshaw 3 Yd Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||7||0|
|TD||14:21||Ahmad Bradshaw 4 Yd Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||14||0|
|FG||08:05||Lawrence Tynes 38 Yd||17||0|
|TD||04:36||Steve Smith 6 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||24||0|
|TD||10:30||Fred Davis 11 Yd Pass From Jason Campbell (Pat Failed)||24||6|
|TD||06:21||Derek Hagan 23 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||31||6|
|TD||06:07||Terrell Thomas 14 Yd Interception Return (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||38||6|
|TD||00:09||Quinton Ganther 1 Yd Run (Two-Point Run Conversion Failed)||38||12|
|TD||12:48||Mario Manningham 25 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||45||12|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation