Darren Sproles out vs. Falcons
Sproles and Evans continued to play after suffering injuries during Sunday's 23-20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. But clearly the short week didn't allow them enough time to recover.
Both players are huge parts of the Saints' potent offense. Sproles (knee, ankle) has 463 receiving yards and 146 rushing yards with a total of four touchdowns this season. Veteran running back Pierre Thomas will likely pick up most of the slack in both departments. Running back Mark Ingram should also see more snaps as the No. 2 tailback.
Evans (ankle) might be missed even more since his backup is an undrafted rookie, Tim Lelito, who struggled in place of Evans for one start in Week 3. Lelito has gained more experience since then as a backup, however, and played well last week in his role as an extra run blocker.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram #22