Richie Incognito meets investigator
DAVIE, Fla. -- Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito returned Friday to the team's facility, where he met with NFL investigator Ted Wells regarding teammate Jonathan Martin's claims of bullying and harassment, multiple media outlets reported.
NBC 6 in Miami got video of Incognito, and ESPN.com separately confirmed that Incognito arrived with his legal team around the time the team was practicing.
Wells also met with Incognito on Thursday night, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Wells has spent the entire week with the Dolphins, talking to players, employees and team executives. Getting Incognito's side is one of the last pieces to the puzzle before the league gathers all its findings and puts together a report it has said will be made public.
Incognito also has a separate grievance with the team, which has been postponed until the conclusion of the NFL investigation. The Dolphins requested earlier this week that Incognito's hearing be delayed while the organization cooperated with Wells' investigation.
Incognito is seeking reinstatement to the roster and recovery of lost wages that could reach $1,176,470.59 under terms of the maximum team penalty.
His four-game suspension concludes Dec. 2. That is when the team must determine whether to return Incognito to the 53-man roster or release him.
The Dolphins (5-5), who remain in the wild-card hunt in the AFC, host the Carolina Panthers (7-3) on Sunday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.