Jason Campbell to start vs. Pats
Campbell was cleared to play and was a full participant in practice. He had been limited on Thursday. He suffered a concussion Nov. 24 during a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
More from ESPN.com
At least Jason Campbell has some track record to point to when he starts against the Patriots, although it doesn't seem like a reason to celebrate, Pat McManamon writes. Analysis
"It was tough to sit out," Campbell said. "I thought it was important to get back playing, but at the same time there's life after football, so I wanted to make sure that part was handled correctly before I got back on the field."
Chudzinski said the Browns will decide on the backup when the coaching staff meets Friday and would announce the decision on game day.
"Whatever happens during the game, we have to be ready for," Chudzinski said. "That's part of this league."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Cleveland Browns Brandon Weeden #3