MIAMI -- The league-appointed attorney investigating the Dolphins bullying case says his report will likely be issued late next week or early the following week.
Attorney Ted Wells informed the league before the Super Bowl that he expected to complete and issue his report during that time span, a statement from his office said Wednesday. Wells is in control of the timing of the report, the statement said.
Wells was hired three months ago to investigate allegations made by offensive tackle Jonathan Martin after he left the Dolphins at midseason. Martin says he was harassed daily by teammates, including guard Richie Incognito, and alleges their racial, aggressive and sexually charged comments played a role in his departure.
Incognito was suspended by the team for the season's final eight games, two without pay. His suspension was lifted on Tuesday. He will become an unrestricted free agent in March.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said last week that he doesn't think Incognito or Martin will return to the team in 2014. Martin is under contract and could be traded or released.
Incognito took to Twitter on Tuesday evening to express support for Martin.
- Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 4, 2014
ESPN.com Dolphins reporter James Walker and The Associated Press contributed to this report.