Titans re-sign S Bernard Pollard
Pollard took to Twitter to announce the news:
Thank God!!! I'll be a Titan for the next couple years!!! TitanUp- Bernard Pollard Jr (@Crushboy31) March 3, 2014
Pollard, 29, was an outspoken leader who talked of what the Titans lacked and played solidly in a secondary that was the team's defensive strength.
He signed a one-year deal for $1.3 million last offseason after being released by the Ravens and led the Titans with 142 tackles. He was second on the team with two interceptions.
"We were pleased with the job Bernard did for us in his first season with us last year," Titans general manager Ruston Webster said in a statement. "Getting this deal done today helps our overall plan for this offseason. We still have work ahead of us trying to retain some of our other players, but we are glad to be able to get this one done."
Pollard said late in the season that he unsure of his future with the team, especially if a new coaching staff took over, which it has as Ken Whisenhunt was hired to replace the fired Mike Munchak.
ESPN.com Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs' Smith (spleen) out against Chargers
- Chargers without Scifres, Mathews vs. Chiefs
- Saints' Ryan: Defense 'drank the Kool-Aid'
- Shaw gets start for Browns; Hoyer likely out