Aqib Talib to get $26M guaranteed
With the New England Patriots last season, the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Talib earned the first Pro Bowl selection of his six-year career.
More from ESPN.com
It's hard to blame the Patriots for losing Aqib Talib, given his injury history and the size of his new deal, Jeff Legwold writes. Story
Talib, 28, totaled four interceptions and 14 pass breakups last season and was often used to match up against an opponent's top threat, which was outside the norm for a Bill Belichick-coached defense.
Injuries have also knocked Talib out of the last two AFC Championship games.
ESPNBoston.com Patriots reporter Mike Reiss contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Boys' New England Patriots Team Colored Elastic Flip Flop