Redskins sign Akeem Jordan
The team made the announcement via its Twitter account but didn't disclose contract terms.
He started 10 games at inside linebacker last season and was a regular in the Chiefs' base defense. He left the lineup in obvious passing situations.
Jordan also was perhaps Kansas City's best special teams player last season, and that's an area Washington needed to fix after a disastrous 2013. Part of the problem was a lack depth at linebacker, and the team's backups were not strong on special teams. That should be different this season.
ESPN.com Redskins reporter John Keim and Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman is expected to play as baby nears
- Super Bowl XLIX tickets most expensive ever
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry #29