CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy returned to offseason workouts at Bank of America Stadium on Monday, six days after being arrested on domestic violence charges, a source told ESPN.com.
Hardy was charged last Tuesday with assault and threats against Nicole Holder, a 24-year-old woman with whom he had been in a relationship since September. He was released Wednesday on a $17,000 bond and ordered to stay away from Holder.
Carolina's 2013 sacks leader (15) also was ordered to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous classes a week and to turn over all firearms and weapons. He turned in an assortment of semi-automatic weapons and shotguns Friday.
The return to OTAs was significant because the Panthers agreed to advance Hardy $1.3 million -- one-tenth of the $13.1 million guaranteed when he was given the team's franchise tag -- if he attended all offseason workouts.
Although Hardy did not attend workouts last week after his arrest, a source said the advance had not been jeopardized at this time.
Hardy lost $100,000 in salary last year for failing to show up for at least 90 percent of the team's 2012 and 2013 offseason workouts.
He has been accused of throwing Holder into a tile tub, choking her and throwing her onto a couch "covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns,'' according to the arrest warrant.
Holder also said in the warrant that her "short-lived relationship'' with rapper Nelly, a co-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, led Hardy to snap.
Hardy's attorney, Chris Fialko, claimed in court that Holder was the aggressor in the incident. He noted that Hardy called 911 to report Holder was attacking him at his Charlotte apartment.
The Panthers initially put out a statement saying they were disappointed with the situation and would continue to investigate. General manager Dave Gettleman and coach Ron Rivera said last weekend they would decline comment on any discipline Hardy might face from the team until the legal process played out.