Source: Seahawks, Rice reach deal
After a breakout 2009 season where he racked up 1,312 yards receiving with eight touchdown catches, the 24-year-old Rice had hip surgery last August and missed the Minnesota Vikings' first nine games in 2010.
The 6-foot-4, 202-pound wideout finished the year with 17 receptions for 280 yards and two touchdowns.
He was selected to his first Pro Bowl in 2009 but missed the game when he was injured in the NFC championship game against New Orleans.
He signed a four-year contract after being drafted in the second round by the Vikings in 2007.
Who will be throwing to Rice remains uncertain.
Seattle also agreed to a deal with right guard Robert Gallery on Wednesday, helping to shore up its offensive line.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Mike Sando, ESPN.com retweeted
- Tervis Seattle Seahawks 16 oz Logo Tumbler