Matt Moore signs with Dolphins
Moore signed the contract Friday night, the team announced.
The Dolphins had been talking to the Broncos but never reached a trade agreement that satisfied Broncos president John Elway.
Orton's $1.5 million roster bonus activated at 4 p.m. ET, a source told ESPN's Andrew Brandt. Though trade talks aren't done, that payout makes it less likely that the Broncos will trade the quarterback.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
- Slip of the tongue: Obama shouts out Flacco
- Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Matt Williamson retweeted
- vaughn mcclure retweeted
- Josh Weinfuss retweeted