Charles Woodson won't play Saturday
CLEVELAND -- Packers cornerback Charles Woodson is not playing in Green Bay's preseason opener against the Browns.
Woodson has recovered from a broken collarbone sustained in the Super Bowl, but Packers coach Mike McCarthy has elected to rest the 14-year-veteran. Pat Lee started in Woodson's spot at left corner.
Packers tight end Jermichael Finley is also out with a leg injury.
Also, wide receiver Carlton Mitchell is out after surgery Friday on an undisclosed finger. Mitchell, listed behind Brian Robiskie on the depth chart, was expected to get significant playing time because wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi is still sidelined with a bone injury in his left leg.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- Source: Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Green Bay Packers Jermichael Finley #88