Source: Charles Woodson fined $10K
The NFL fined Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson $10,000 for throwing a punch in the regular-season opener against the New Orleans Saints, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The Packers were penalized 15 yards in the third quarter for Woodson's punch. He was not ejected, and the Packers went on to win 42-34.
After the game, Woodson admitted he took a swing at Saints tight end David Thomas.
"Yeah, I threw a punch," Woodson said following the Packers' victory. "Just got frustrated, the guy was holding me a little longer than I wanted. Nothing was said about it, referee-wise, quick enough, and I reacted. It is what it is, I guess."
Woodson said at the time that he expected a fine from the league.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 PREVIEW
WEEK 2 PICKS
HOT READ: Atlanta WR Roddy White
- Forever Collectibles New Orleans Saints 8" Plush Mascot