Source: Darren McFadden OK to play
Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden, who left Sunday's game against the New York Jets with a groin injury, is expected to play Sunday versus the New England Patriots, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
McFadden's groin simply tightened and he could have gone back in the game if Oakland needed him, the source said.
McFadden rushed for 171 yards and two touchdowns and turned a broken halfback option play into a 27-yard run that set up the go-ahead score in the Raiders' 34-24 victory over the Jets on Sunday.
After three weeks, McFadden is the NFL's leading rusher with 393 yards.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Source: CB Davis gets $39M deal from Colts
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
MNF: Cowboys 18, Redskins 16
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden #20