Beanie Wells optimistic he will return
Wells, who sat out last week's loss at Seattle with a sore left hamstring, says he turned it loose at full speed in Thursday's practice and felt no ill effects. Coach Ken Whisenhunt also said he is optimistic Wells will be able to play as long as he continues to progress as he has been.
The third-year pro from Ohio State has rushed for 183 yards in two games, averaging 5.7 yards per carry.
He says he was hurt in the loss at Washington and aggravated the injury in practice.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 PREVIEW
WEEK 4 PICKS
HOT READ: Andrew Luck
HOT BUTTON: 0-3 teams
MNF: Colts at Buccaneers, 8:30 ET
- Fathead Beanie Wells Wall Graphic