Demetrius Bell to miss at least 1 week
Coach Chan Gailey ruled out Bell from playing Sunday, when the Bills (3-1) host the Philadelphia Eagles (1-3). Gailey wouldn't specify the nature of the injury except to say surgery will not be required.
Bell was hurt in the fourth quarter of a 23-20 loss at Cincinnati on Sunday. With Bell out, rookie fourth-round pick Chris Hairston will make his first start.
Starting middle linebacker Nick Barnett was also hurt in the game and spotted wearing a protective boot on his right foot on Monday. Gailey expects Barnett to practice this week.
Cornerback Terrence McGee (hamstring) is expected to resume practicing this week after missing the past three games.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Report: 'Deflategate' probe seeks Ivy consult
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 COVERAGE
MNF: Buccaneers 24, Colts 17
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills C.j. Spiller #28