Michael Vick sets QB rushing record
Vick passed Randall Cunningham with a 53-yard scramble to the right in the third quarter that gave him 4,946 yards rushing, surpassing Cunningham's mark of 4,928 yards.
Coming into the game, Vick had rushed for 228 yards on 32 carries. He became the first player in history to throw for more than 400 yards and run for 75 yards in the same game last week against San Francisco.
In 2006, he set the single-season quarterback rushing record with 1,039 yards while with the Atlanta Falcons.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
- Sources: Ravens keep LB Smith for $16.1M
- Titans, Woodyard agree to multiyear contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
MNF: Lions 24, Bears 13
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick #7