Perrish Cox's sex-assault trial delayed
The trial was originally scheduled to start Tuesday. The defense requested a delay but the reason wasn't immediately known. The delay until Feb. 27 was announced Wednesday.
Cox is charged with sexual assault against a person who was physically helpless and sexual assault against a person who was incapable of determining the nature of the conduct.
He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $50,000 bail.
Prosecutors say the woman was assaulted in September 2010. An arrest warrant affidavit says she became pregnant and that DNA tests indicate Cox is the father.
The Broncos waived Cox last month, citing his on-field performance.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 PREVIEW
WEEK 6 PICKS
HOT READ: No lead is safe
HOT BUTTON: Biggest surprise
MNF: Dolphins at Jets, 8:30 ET
- Photo File Denver Broncos John Elway Framed Photo