Rey Maualuga has left ankle in cast
The team said Maualuga sprained his left ankle during practice last Thursday. He wasn't active for a 27-17 win over the Colts on Sunday. The Bengals are 4-2 heading into their bye this week, with their defense ranked among the league's best.
Maualuga declined to talk to reporters as he passed through the locker room on Monday, supporting himself with two metal crutches. Coach Marvin Lewis hasn't given any indication how long he'll be out.
The Bengals could get cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones back after the bye. Jones said on Monday that he's been cleared to return from offseason neck surgery.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 COVERAGE
MNF: Jets 24, Dolphins 6
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Cincinnati Bengals Orange Team Standard Dri-Tek Long Sleeve Shirt