Rey Maualuga has left ankle in cast
The team said Maualuga sprained his left ankle during practice last Thursday. He wasn't active for a 27-17 win over the Colts on Sunday. The Bengals are 4-2 heading into their bye this week, with their defense ranked among the league's best.
Maualuga declined to talk to reporters as he passed through the locker room on Monday, supporting himself with two metal crutches. Coach Marvin Lewis hasn't given any indication how long he'll be out.
The Bengals could get cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones back after the bye. Jones said on Monday that he's been cleared to return from offseason neck surgery.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 COVERAGE
MNF: Jets 24, Dolphins 6
- Fathead Rey Maualuga Wall Graphic