Rey Maualuga has left ankle in cast
The team said Maualuga sprained his left ankle during practice last Thursday. He wasn't active for a 27-17 win over the Colts on Sunday. The Bengals are 4-2 heading into their bye this week, with their defense ranked among the league's best.
Maualuga declined to talk to reporters as he passed through the locker room on Monday, supporting himself with two metal crutches. Coach Marvin Lewis hasn't given any indication how long he'll be out.
The Bengals could get cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones back after the bye. Jones said on Monday that he's been cleared to return from offseason neck surgery.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 COVERAGE
MNF: Jets 24, Dolphins 6
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Rey Maualuga #58