Banged-up Bills limp into bye week
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills enter their bye week with a rash of injuries.
They're down another left tackle, with rookie Chris Hairston to miss up to four weeks with an injured right ankle. Linebacker Shawne Merriman's status is uncertain after the star pass-rusher aggravated an Achilles tendon injury last week. And there's no telling when starting defensive tackle Kyle Williams will return from a nagging foot injury.
Those were among the updates coach Chan Gailey provided Monday, a day after a 27-24 loss at the New York Giants.
The Bills (4-2) are off until "hosting" the Redskins on Oct. 30 in Buffalo's annual game at Toronto.
Hairston's injury is the latest to hit left tackle. He was starting his second game in place of Demetrius Bell, who's nursing a shoulder injury.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 COVERAGE
MNF: Jets 24, Dolphins 6
- Nike Women's New York Giants Rewind Rally White Funnel Neck Hoodie